Friday, May 28, 2010

Photo Friday

I am so excited about being in the kitchen this summer. So are the kids. We have fresh blueberry muffins in the oven baking as I type this post. My precious 8 yr old did most of the work. She loves to help me in the kitchen.

This summer I want to let them cook a couple nights a week. I'd love to do an international theme every week. My son is really into Greek mythology (thanks to the Percy Jackson series) and I know he'd love a Greek week. My daughter loves to bake. So, I'll probably have a dessert week especially for her.

I should probably get to work putting this together for them. We're going to run out of summer days real quick. Time flies when you're able to have fun!

If you're a mom, having to entertain the kids all summer, what kind of summer ideas have you come up with to keep them busy and learning?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to drop a note to say 'hello' back!! I finally got some time to read through your blog and was so moved by your story!! I truly believe that this lot in life as military spouses is a calling like any other... from on high. The road has been long my friend, and there is still a ways to go on this journey, but know that there are new cyber praying for both of you!! Thank you for all you do...for your family and country!!

 
Powered by Blogger